UBC has been named one of BC’s Top Employers in 2013, for the seventh consecutive year.
“UBC recognizes the dedication and energy that all of our faculty, staff, and student employees bring to support the University community, said Lisa Castle, Vice-President, Human Resources. “In such a large and diverse series of workplaces that is UBC, we are proud to say that all of our people come together to provide an environment for the learning, research and community commitments of UBC in our Place and Promise plan.”
UBC was recognized for:
- On-site employee amenities
- Supporting employee development through tuition waivers and in-person and online training options
- Tuition support and scholarships for the children of faculty and staff.
- Supporting charitable initiatives
- Helping older employees plan for life after retirement
UBC has nearly 28,000 faculty, staff and student employees at our campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, as well as the distributed medical program, hospital, farm, forest and other locations. We are the largest employer of students in the province of British Columbia, with over 8,000 student employees.