I hope that everyone has had an amazing summer despite the flooding and fires.
I have been very excited to take on the new role of Director UBC Wellbeing, Okanagan Campus. I am pleased to announce that Deb Oakley will be working with me starting August 28th as the part-time Wellbeing Administrative Assistant. We will both be working out of the Arts building in ART 344 so please stop by anytime.
I wanted to recap some of the milestones we have had regarding Wellbeing at UBC over the past year.
President Ono and our Deputy Vice Chancellor & Principal Deborah Buszard signed to activate the Okanagan Charter during Thrive week. We also launched the Move UBC campaign in February. We are proud to introduce the HEAL 100 course this fall.
We recently relaunched the UBC Wellbeing website to act as a hub that amplifies and unifies wellbeing research, stories and resources from across UBC. On the site, you will also find:
- Tools for embedding wellbeing into learning environments (many created by our own faculty members).
- Workshops and events related to Wellbeing.
- Information on UBC’s five wellbeing priority areas and relevant frameworks/documents for each.
- How individuals and leaders can connect to resources and support their own or champion department/Faculty wellbeing.
- Content submission form (to share your own story ideas, events or wellbeing resources, which is highly encouraged).
- Communication tools such as visual identity and branding guidelines. These are available for use by any department, student group or unit that is supporting wellbeing or hosting an event/initiative that champions wellbeing.
Deb and I will be at the Welcome Back Info Fair on August 31st so please come by and ask any questions you may have regarding wellbeing on campus.