Expand teamwork by creating a new level of team communication
In this skill-building workshop designed specifically for you so that you will:
- Gain insights about yourself and your co-workers
- Recognize your blind spots
- Develop skills to give clear effective feedback openly and candidly
- Learn how you unwittingly sabotage your own efforts
- Talk about the real issues – and not just what is on the surface
- Use full, radical listening
- Identify and eliminate the trigger words you use
- Learn tools to avoid getting defensive
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
When: June 19th
Where: EME 4218
Cost: $275 includes workshop materials, lunch and beverages
This is a practical, easy to apply, highly interactive workshop. “Good Things Happen” applies powerful communication and influencing tools to your most critical, sensitive and important face-to-face conversations. You get the opportunity to practice your crucial conversations and receive specific, helpful feedback. This workshop gives you the versatility and the confidence to give feedback that increases clarity and improves understanding.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of 26(c) The information relates directly to and is necessary for a program or activity of UBC and British Columbia. This information will be used for general access and usage of the UBC Forms System. Questions about the collection of this information may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Facilitator;
Joyanne Landers has gained a solid reputation over the last twenty-five years as a facilitator and trainer. Her clients describe her as “dynamic”, “powerful”, and “thought-provoking.” She builds on her wide-ranging experience guiding leaders and employees in the public and private sectors throughout Canada to create shifts in the way they relate to their work and their colleagues.
She stimulates participants to challenge their perceptions. Joyanne has the ability to lead workshops that are practical and easy to apply in real-world situations. Her plain talk, humour, and boundless enthusiasm are contagious.