Work Reintegration and Accommodation Program
The Work Reintegration and Accommodation Program (WRAP) is dedicated to assisting UBCO staff/faculty while they are away from work on medical leave. WRAP also works with our staff/faculty members to assist them during periods of injury and/or illness.
What does this mean for Staff and Faculty?
If you are off sick, it is your responsibility to contact your head/supervisor or the designated administrative staff for your unit. You are also required to enter your sick time into the new Workday system.
If you are off work for 5 days or greater or if there are concerns earlier, you will be contacted by the a representative of WRAP who will work with you and your head/supervisor as needed.
- If you are at work but having difficulty in managing a medical condition, or unaware of what resources may be available to assist you, WRAP is here to support you.
- All medical notes are managed by the WRAP representative who works in consultation with your head/supervisor.
- It is your responsibility to provide medical information in support of your illness/injury related absence as requested by WRAP.
For any questions or concerns, regarding Workday absence reporting, please contact:
Sarah Cochrane – Associate, Workplace Health and Wellbeing
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 250-807-8893
On November 2, 2020 UBC is transitioned to Workday which is used to track employee absence.
See the below resources on how to enter your absence or for manager/supervisor/head resources in Workday:
- Enter Absence
- Requesting a Leave of Absence
- Correcting Absence Records
- Place a Worker on Leave (For Managers)
- Returning from a Leave of Absence
Printable guides to helping staff, faculty or students in distress:
- Assisting Staff and Faculty in Distress (Orange Folder)
- Supporting Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Assisting Students in Distress (Blue Folder)
Questions regarding WRAP?
Please contact Sarah Cochrane – Associate, Workplace Health and Wellbeing
E: email@example.com | P:250-807-8893