UBC Resources – Mental and Physical Health
Mental Health Counselling Options
When you are eligible for the health benefit plans through UBC’s group plans, you have two ways to access mental health counselling.
Morneau-Shepell’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) 24/7 access at #1-800-387-4765 Visit their website at www.workhealthlife.com on your laptop or download their mobile phone app. Options for counselling are:
- Over the phone (on # above)
- Online (workhealthlife.com) chat
- Email counselling
- Video Counselling
If you have any questions, please contact: UBC EFAP Support- email@example.com
- 100% of the cost for licensed psychologists, social workers or registered clinical counselors up to a maximum of $2,500 per person (for the employee and each of their dependents/spouse) per benefit
- A doctor’s referral is not required
Sun Life Extended Health
UBC’s Extended Health Plan, if eligible, will reimburse you and your eligible dependents for the cost of many health-care services that are not covered by BC’s Medical Services Plan such as prescription drugs, psychological services, physiotherapy, medically necessary equipment, and emergency medical care while travelling out of province.
For more information on prescription drug coverage and what is excluded, please refer to the Sun Life booklet applicable to your employee group.
- Management and Professional
- Executive Administrative, Non-Union Technicians and Research Assistants
- Faculty, Academic Executive and Postdoctoral Fells (Employees)
- Postdoctoral Fellows (Award Recipients)
How to make a claim or contact Sun Life:
1) #1-800-661-7334 or #1-800-361-6212
2) Online – www.mysunlife.ca
Online learning at LinkedIn Learning for UBC for UBC Faculty & Staff. Sign in using your CWL login.