Annual Performance Appraisal Program
After an employee passes their probationary period and is still below mid-point of their salary range, the University shall ensure that employees are compensated to the midpoint of their salary range by the end of their fourth year in the position, from date of hire, subject to satisfactory performance.
- There shall be up to four (4) increments from the salary at which an employee is hired to the midpoint of the salary range. An employee shall receive an increment once annually, no later than his/her anniversary date in the current position, provided that there is satisfactory performance in the job.
- HR provides a spreadsheet to Direct Supervisor at the beginning of each year.
- Direct Supervisor completes the performance appraisal.
- Administrator assesses amount of increase.
- Please do not share information with your employees on what percentage increase they may expect until you finalize the performance appraisal.
- The amount of increase is at the department’s discretion based on the department’s budget, the employee’s years in the job, and the employee’s salary in relation to midpoint.
- Direct Supervisor completes an electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF) to initiate the increase.Please see the Annual Performance Appraisal Tool.