Positions for Full-time and Part-time Sessionals
Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
Term Appointments, Visual Arts – Digital Art and 2D Animation, 2018 Winter
The Department of Creative Studies at the University of British Columbia’s Okanagan Campus invites applications to teach undergraduate courses in Digital Art and 2D Animation.
The ideal candidates will be practicing artists or professional with relevant university teaching experience and a completed graduate degree (MA, MFA, or PhD) in Visual Arts, Media Arts or related discipline. The available courses are listed below. In keeping with UBC policy and in conjunction with FCCS initiatives we strongly encourage candidates whose teaching and practice engage Indigenous perspectives.
Term 1: September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
VISA 268.001: Strategies in Digital Art: Visual Communication
- This course requires expertise in graphic design, branding and digital illustration. Knowledge of design software including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are required.
Term 2: January 1, 2019 to April 30, 2019
VISA 266.001: 2D Animation
- This course requires expertise in 2D animation production. Knowledge of After Effects with experience in character design and rigging for animation is required.
VISA 269.001: Strategies in Digital Art: Virtual Worlds
- This course requires expertise in using 3D design and animation software as well as experience with interactive design for virtual and augmented reality. Knowledge of Maya, 3D Blender and Unity is required.
More information about the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies can be found at: http://www.ubc.ca/okanagan/fccs/welcome.html
All positions are subject to funding and are governed by UBC’s “Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Sessional Faculty Members.”
How to apply: Please email your application electronically to email@example.com, with the subject line Creative Studies 2018 Winter Digital Application.
Applications will consist of:
- A letter of application
- a complete curriculum vitae (detailing post-secondary teaching experience)
- a statement of teaching philosophy and/or teaching evaluations
New applicants must also arrange to have three confidential letters of reference emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital reference letter”.
Inquiries can be sent to Professor Stephen Foster, Head, Department of Creative Studies at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: CV’s reviewed starting June 15, 2018
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.