UBC Okanagan’s Human Resources team can help with everything from housing and immigration to family care options specific to the Okanagan.
Services available through UBC’s relocation staff
- Moving for faculty and senior management
- Housing information resources and related policy and process
- Immigration information, including work permits and permanent residence
- Community and neighbourhood profiles
- Partner/spousal employment support
- Childcare, schools, healthcare and transportation options
- Regulations and processes help (social insurance number, taxes, banking, etc.)
A summary of Canadian immigration processes and how they apply to those in different positions at UBC.
In some circumstances, qualified foreign workers can be hired as staff or faculty at UBC with a valid work permit.
Information on where to live, transit, schooling and health care options.
Relocation assistance policies, contact information and forms.
Information on designated moving companies required for faculty members and senior managers.
UBC can help steer your partner toward local employment opportunities and resources.