UBC Okanagan’s Human Resources team can help with everything from housing and immigration to family care options specific to the Okanagan.

Services available through UBC’s relocation staff

  • Moving for faculty and senior management
  • Housing information resources and related policy and process 
  • Immigration information, including work permits and permanent residence 
  • Community and neighbourhood profiles 
  • Partner/spousal employment support 
  • Childcare, schools, healthcare and transportation options 
  • Regulations and processes help (social insurance number, taxes, banking, etc.) 


A summary of Canadian immigration processes and how they apply to those in different positions at UBC.

Work Permits (for administrators)

In some circumstances, qualified foreign workers can be hired as staff or faculty at UBC with a valid work permit.

Relocating to Kelowna

Information on where to live, transit, schooling and health care options.

Relocation Policies and Contacts

Relocation assistance policies, contact information and forms.

Moving for faculty and senior management

Information on designated moving companies required for faculty members and senior managers.

Employment for spouses and partners

UBC can help steer your partner toward local employment opportunities and resources.

Child care and schooling options

A range of child care and schooling options are available, including on-campus child care.

International Post-Doctoral Fellows

Information on the work permit and status document application process for Post-Doctoral Fellows.


Trisha Kasawski, Faculty Relations and Immigration Consultant

Jacky Ivans, HR Relocation and Benefits Associate