Your First Days
Welcome to UBC Okanagan, one of the world’s top universities and one of Canada’s top employers. We’re here to support you as you settle into your new role.
Take the online orientation course
This New to UBC Okanagan Orientation Course is a self-directed resource and learning space to support new faculty and staff in onboarding and navigating UBC resources and services. Regardless of your specific role, this course is designed to support you during your first few months at UBC.
Course content includes:
- About UBC: An overview of UBC, the organizational structure, and starting your onboarding journey.
- Onboarding Fundamentals: An overview of essential tools, technologies, and mandatory trainings, as well as your benefits, pension and UBC’s approach to remote work.
- Shaping the Future: An overview of how UBC is shaping the future of research, teaching and work, as well as the resources available to support faculty and staff.
- UBC Community: Insights into campus life including tours, arts and culture, athletics and recreation, as well as how to get connected.
- Living UBC’s Values: An overview of important topics such as equity, diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, Indigenous engagement, and sustainability.
Attend an in-person UBCO orientation
Faculty and Staff Orientation events offered by the university will expand on the content of this course and provide additional networking and engagement opportunities with the UBC community. These events occur around three times a year.
An HR representative will contact you with an invitation to the next Faculty and Staff Orientation.
Access guidelines that will help you get oriented to your new role. Your manager or local administrator may offer a more customized plan that will be relevant to you.
Explore the Okanagan campus by taking a virtual guided tour. Experience what makes UBC unique and learn what’s available to you on campus—all without leaving your home.