Workplace Health & Wellbeing
The UBC Okanagan Human Resources Workplace Health and Wellbeing team is actively involved in the creation of a safe community that encourages employee health and wellbeing.
Our commitment to employee health is part of the large university goal to create an outstanding work environment as outlined in the UBC Strategic Plan, as well as the UBC Focus on People strategy to develop a sustainable, healthy workplace. In addition, our work is informed by the Wellbeing Strategic Framework and the Okanagan Charter. Our benefits plans are designed with the continuing health and wellbeing of our staff, faculty, and their families in mind. In addition, UBC is proud to offer a wide range of workshops and programs to help keep you working and living well.
New & Upcoming
May 16 & 23, 2023: Talk to your kids about sex: Tips for parents, guardians and askable adults
Understanding Your UBC Benefits: New family forming, accessibility, and gender-affirmation benefit plan provisions (Recorded Webinar)
June 13, 2023: The Working Mind Training: Faculty and Staff
ProPass – Discounted transit pass for Faculty & Staff (Summer pass enrollment OPENS April 1, 2023)
Immediate Mental Health Support
Call the TELUS Health Care Access Centre at 1-866-424-0770 to chat with a counselor at any time or use the chat function on the app. Learn more about Employee & Family Assistance Program resources and services here.
Extended Health Benefits
Access registered/licensed clinical psychologist and social workers, or clinical counselors through the psychological services provision under your Extended Benefits Plan. See resources page here.
Mental Health Education and Training
- Our training and educational programs aim to support UBC faculty and staff with tools and resources to improve mental health, resiliency and coping skills. Learn about training opportunities here.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing Programs and Services
- Find resources to support you in the workplace for injury, illness, disability and substance use, and more here.
Healthy Workplace Initiatives
- Learn more about initiatives, resources and programs to support healthy workplace culture here.
Crisis Support for Residential School Survivors
Please see the below resources dedicated to assisting Residential School Survivors:
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society or Toll-Free Line: 1-800-721-0066;
- Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310 or online chat;
- Resources for students;
- 24hr National Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419;
- Other Supports