We value our faculty and staff members and are always looking for great talent to add to our thriving team at UBC's Okanagan campus!
UBC's Okanagan campus hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, visible minority group members, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. However, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Please read the application instructions prior to submitting your resume.
To view current staff career opportunities visit the links below:
Vancouver and Okanagan staff career opportunities are integrated. Check the posting description (line 2 at the top of the description) or check the 'Location' column in the posting list to determine the location (site) of the job.
External applicants will be prompted to create a myCareer profile, using their email address and creating a password. Once the profile is created, they can then upload their resumes and apply for postings.
Ensure your browser is compatible with our system.
Internal applicants should apply using the Faculty and Staff Self-Service web portal through myCareer section. This ensures that internal rights are recognized. By applying through the external link, you will not be processed as an internal applicant. For convenience: Since the external link does not require VPN, you may choose to view the postings via the external link. But, do not apply this way.
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is required if you are:
- accessing, viewing or applying for postings via Self-Service,
- are off-campus, or are using a wireless network (even if on campus).
- If the above 2 conditions are true, internal applicants will need to connect to VPN first (using your CWL ID), and then log into the Self-Service Portal (also using your CWL ID).
- Click on the hyperlink above for VPN installation instructions.
To apply for a position, follow these steps:
- Start viewing the current postings
- Select the position you would like to apply for from the list by clicking on the Job Title
- You may sort the postings by clicking on any of the column headers.
- You can view more columns by clicking on the ‘Job Information’ and ‘Department/Location’ tabs, or by clicking on the ‘Show all columns’ icon.
- Review the posting description. To apply, click on the Apply Now button
- Upload your cover letter and resume as one attachment. You may also type the contents of your cover letter/resume into the box provided, choose to use a previously uploaded cover letter/resume, or to apply without a cover letter/resume.
- After the resume screen, complete your application by providing education and work experience information (if this information was excluded in your resume) and by answering a few questions about yourself and your qualifications.
- Click on Submit to finalize your application.
- Click Save for Later if you are partially complete and want to return later to submit
- You will receive an email notification that your application was received.
To find out the status of your application, log back into myCareer and use “My Career Tools”.
Applying In-Person or by Regular Mail
Your application must identify the Competition Number and Position Title you are applying for. All applications must be received by the closing date of the posting.
We encourage you to submit your application online so you can track your application status and receive email notification. If you require assistance with submitting your application online, please visit our HR department where we can assist you.
Deliver/send your application to the campus that you are applying to:
c/o Human Resources ADM 002
UBC, Okanagan Campus
1138 Alumni Ave
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Last reviewed 9/26/2014 12:36:23 PM
UBC is consistently recognized as one of BC''s top employers. Excellent benefits, diverse career opportunities, and a true community spirit are just some of the reasons you should consider joining UBC.
Welcome & Relocation Services Centre
The Welcome and Relocation Services Centre helps with the smooth transition of new faculty, postdoctoral fellows, staff and their families .