UBC Okanagan’s Length of Service Recognition Program
‘Great People’ is recognized as one of the Core Areas and Strategies under People and Places within the UBC Strategic Plan. Attracting, engaging, and retaining a diverse global community of outstanding students, faculty and staff is at the heart of the university’s identity, and is critical to the success and growth of UBC.
The Length of Service recognition program is one way in which we recognize the commitment and service of our great staff and faculty. The program recognizes service milestones of 15 years up to 45 years. Honorees are eligible to select a gift of their choice from the selection offered and are invited to attend a celebratory reception. We will honor the 2020, 2021 and 2022 award recipients at in-person events when the provincial health guidelines allow.
Faculty and staff recognized for their contributions at Long Service Reception after being on pause since 2019. See more here.
- 2022 Length of Service Honourees
- 2021 Length of Service Honourees
- 2020 Length of Service Honourees
- 2019 Length of Service Honourees
- 2018 Length of Service Honourees
- 2017 Length of Service Honourees
For more information on the program please contact Kerry Ann Kozak.
Staff Awards of Excellence
The Staff Awards of Excellence celebrate outstanding contributions instrumental in helping UBC’s Okanagan campus achieve its strategic imperatives, and to contribute to the commitment to create an Outstanding Work Environment.
There are seven (7) categories of awards. Up to five (5) awards per year are offered in the following categories:
- Advancing Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (Individual or Team)
- Enhancing the UBC Experience (Individual)
- Global Citizenship (Individual)
- Leadership (Individual)
- Okanagan Campus Spirit (Team)
- Sustainability (Individual)
- Wellbeing (Individual or Team)
Annual nomination forms are available online and are accepted once the nomination process opens, as advertised. Closing dates are announced as appropriate to coincide with an award presentation at the DVC Town Hall at the end of summer.
Please visit the Staff Award of Excellence program page for more information.
UBC Okanagan has many outstanding teachers who deserve to be recognized and celebrated. The Centre for Teaching and Learning provides nomination support for the following 2 awards:
- Provost Award for Teaching Assistants & Tutors
- Thank a Prof or Teaching Assistant
Please visit the Centre for Teaching and Learning awards page to find out more.