Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador Program
The Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador (WWA) program is a pilot program that plays a key strategic role at UBC, supporting the Human Resources—Workplace Health and Wellbeing Services team in their effort to embed wellbeing and wellbeing practices within UBC workplaces.
The program aims to:
- Empower staff and faculty to support wellbeing activities within UBC departments
- Provide opportunities to build knowledge and apply learnings in the workplace
- Support staff and faculty in their efforts to positively impact workplace wellbeing
Registration is open. Apply by March 1st, 2024. Register here
Workplace Wellbeing Ambassadors champion workplace wellbeing and support the overall enhancement of UBC workplaces.
Role of an Ambassador:
- Share resources and learning opportunities with faculty and staff in your department/unit
- Demonstrate a commitment to one’s personal and collective wellbeing through professional development and role modelling promising practices in the workplace.
- Liaise with the Workplace Wellbeing team to stay up to date on relevant priorities and initiatives and to share feedback, and experiences regarding faculty/ staff wellbeing at the local level
- Organize/coordinate events, and activities that promote the health and wellbeing of faculty and staff.
Examples of what WWAs have been involved in this past year:
- Promoted staff and faculty wellbeing events and initiatives in their departments/units
- Applied for funding for wellbeing initiatives such as the Healthy Workplace Initiatives Fund Program, Move UBC
- Booked workplace wellbeing workshops for their department/unit
- Partnered with the HR Health and Wellbeing team to promote or host events during the year such as Thrive, Not Myself Today
- Organized teams and signed up for Staff and Faculty Sports Day.
- Length of term: One year, with the option to recommit to the role annually
- Time commitment: 2–4 hours per month—this may vary depending on training and programs
Exclusive access to Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador resources through Canvas:
- Assists you in understanding your role and learning path as a WWA
- Provides comprehensive health and wellbeing information and toolkits to take action in creating a healthy workplace
- Drive motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals