About the WWA Program
Applications for the 2023/24 term are now closed.
The Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador (WWA) program is a pilot program that plays a key strategic role at UBC, supporting the Human Resources –Workplace Health and Wellbeing Services team in their effort to embed wellbeing and wellbeing practices within UBC workplaces.
The program aims to:
- Empower staff and faculty to support wellbeing activities within UBC departments
- Provide opportunities to build knowledge and apply learnings in the workplace
- Support staff and faculty in their efforts to positively impact workplace wellbeing
Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador Role
Workplace Wellbeing Ambassadors (WWAs) champion workplace wellbeing and support the overall enhancement of UBC workplaces.
Length of Term and Time Commitment
Length of term:
- One year, with the option to recommit to the role annually
- 2-4 hours per month – this may vary depending on training and programs
Being a WWA Has Its Rewards
Exclusive access to Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador resources through Canvas:
- Assists you in understanding your role and learning path as a WWA
- Provides comprehensive health and wellbeing information and toolkits to take action in creating a healthy workplace
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
MAKING THE CASE TO YOUR DEPARTMENT
If you are looking for information for supervisors or managers to support an application as a WWA, we’re here to help! See below for helpful tools and resources.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact: Amanda Swoboda, Wellbeing Specialist Workplace Health and Wellbeing: firstname.lastname@example.org